Location: Kongen Lyngby-Copenhagen, Denmark
Domain: Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering
Date Posted: 02.12.2020
Starting date: Position is open from December 2nd, 2020
Closing date: Applications will be accepted until January 15, 2021
ATLANT 3D Nanosystems is a European deep tech company, a pioneer in atomical layer advanced manufacturing technologies that develops, manufactures and offers innovative micro and optoelectronics solutions and novel advanced manufacturing technologies for next-generation advanced technologies on Earth and Beyond. Our technology enables rapid on-demand manufacturing of micro and optoelectronics in a single step on previously impossible surfaces where standard techniques do not work. ATLANT 3D is a team of dreamers and rebels who take rapid innovation, science, and engineering on a mission to democratise access to advanced technologies. Our groundbreaking technology will enable the creation of technologies we have not even envisioned yet. ATLANT 3D Nanosystems is an award-winning start-up with strong support from Innovation Fund Denmark, European Commission, Sony, Merck, SUPSI, DTU, FAU, SAS, GSA, SEMI, EPIC and more. We are located in Kongens Lyngby Denmark, north part of Copenhagen, particularly in DTU Science Park as well as in the heart of Frankonia in Erlangen at FAU campus, Germany.
We are looking for a visionary team member that can foresee the potential of our technology and is ready to execute small and large steps towards our great vision. You are a deep tech innovator with a can-do positive attitude, self-starter possessing multitasking skills, and a drive to make an impact. You are not afraid to challenge existence, dream big, and are passionate to solve small and big challenges in an unconventional way.
You will be in the foundation of System Engineering design and development and will be a part of the System Engineering group, working on the development of our core technology, equipment, and industrial applications. The goal of the System Engineering group is to investigate, simulate, design, and develop new components for our atomic layer processing equipment and processes as well as working on our customer-oriented projects. It is an exciting opportunity to put your knowledge into practice. You will be working with a vibrant and interdisciplinary R&D and entrepreneurial startup team that grows rapidly and offers the potential for you to grow both professionally and personally. You will get the opportunity to work with groundbreaking technology and top niche specialists in several fields, including microtechnology, software engineering and automation, chemical engineering, sensors, aerospace and biomedical engineering, semiconductor industry equipment engineering for developing novel and previously impossible technologies. You will have a chance to leave your footprint in stone.
As a mechanical/mechatronics engineer, you will be working on the development of our core equipment, based on atomic layer advanced manufacturing technology and our core equipment - the Nanofabricator™, the first-ever atomic layer 3D printing system. In this position, you will lead the development of our core technology and core industrial tools. This will include the design of the product, assemblies, and sub-assemblies. You will closely work with internal and external team members on the same or similar tasks. The initial contract is intended for 2 years with the possibility to extend on consequent projects.
- Lead the mechanical design effort including, system architecture, development and manufacturing system parts, and optimization of system designs
- Carry out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modelling, simulation (e.g., thermal & stress) and design verification testing, as required
- Create 2D drawings to allow manufacture and/or purchase
- Design, develop, and enhance electromechanical systems and mechatronic devices.
- Understanding problems or client briefs and developing solutions that satisfy them.
- Generate assembly drawings and bills of materials and release of all work via company PLM systems
- Carry out design changes requests in a timely manner
- Perform physical tests on engineering prototypes with other team members
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
- Coordinate problem solving and technical support including managing root cause analysis, interpretation of test results, associated designs updates/changes, and oversight of technical issues with supply parts
- Support product manufacturing release
- Work with purchasing and supply-chain and directly with suppliers on finding cost-effective manufacturing solutions for parts and subassemblies, sourcing new suppliers where required.
- MSc or PhD degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical/Mechatronic/Manufacturing Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical design of complex machinery
- In-depth knowledge of CAD software: e.g., SolidWorks 3D, Autodesk inventor or similar
- Strong knowledge of mechatronics and work with motion control systems
- The hands-on experience about materials, manufacturing technologies (e.g., CNC, 3D printing), and mechanical construction including modern engineering tools
- Knowledge of risk assessment, FEM and Tolerance analysis.
- Experience with PLM/Vault systems and Microsoft Excel, Outlook etc.
- Experience in design gas systems for CVD/ALD equipment, vacuum systems, thin film deposition, cleanroom equipment is a strong plus
- You are able to communicate and collaborate with management and cross-disciplinary team with a service approach and ready to have the back of your teammate
- You are resourceful, flexible, and adaptable; open-minded and seeking alternative solutions, no task is too big or too small
- You are curious and eager to learn and participate in the development of a startup company
- High level of attention to detail and commitment to quality and reliability
- You embrace the responsibility to plan and execute R&D work
- You have experience and willingness to report your results, prepare articles and patent applications
- You have a talent/experience and desire to lead others
- Excellent English skills – both oral and written (English is used throughout the organization for daily communication)
- You might need to travel across Europe to our other R&D locations and our partners if COVID situation allows
- Previous experience from Semiconductor Equipment, Aerospace, Medical Device, Additive Manufacturing Industries is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in microtechnology processes, chemical processes, sensors, high precision systems, fluid dynamics, from - Semiconductor Equipment, Aerospace, Medical Device, Additive Manufacturing Industries is highly preferred.
You will be a part of the Danish office of ATLANT 3D Nanosystems, located in Kongens Lyngby, Denmark. Most of the hands-on work will be carried out in our lab at DTU Science Park. Part of the project is performed at the Friedrich Alexander University in Erlangen in Germany and other international partners locations; therefore, travel might be required. Manufacturing of mechanical parts will be carried out in collaboration with external partners.
Please submit your online application no later than January 15, 2021. To apply, submit your information through the online form here: https://forms.monday.com/forms/fdccb0a30629412d72001cf26d155a34 In the application process you will be asked to attach a single PDF application file that should include:
- Motivation/cover letter in overview form with 10 points bullet point about you and short paragraph why you want to join ATLANT 3D team
- Curriculum vitae
- List of additional reference materials, e.g., CAD images or STL files portfolio, pictures of developed prototypes or systems, screenshots of developed documentation, and if any publications/grant applications/patents etc.
- List of non-academic activities including any business-related, industrial, hobby etc.
If you have any questions or technical difficulties with the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer. We are an equal opportunities employer. Our policy applies to recruitment, pay and conditions, appraisals, conduct at work, promotion, and benefits. ATLANT 3D Nanosystems does not accept unsolicited AGENCY C.V.