Location: Greater Copenhagen, Denmark. Full-time on-site position (no remote work)
Position: Head of Engineering
Travel: Expected 20% of the time (Europe, Global) site position
Reports to: Chief Product Officer (CPO)
Starting date: ASAP
Closing date: Open for Applications
ATLANT 3D Nanosystems is a Danish deep-tech company founded in 2018 to revolutionize electronics manufacturing atom by atom. The company is developing a fundamentally different and innovative micro and nanofabrication platform technology and systems that enable atomically precise manufacturing of advanced materials and structures for electronics and optical markets.
In ATLANT 3D we are a highly dynamic, international, and multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals. The ATLANT 3D team culture is a significant asset that drives radical innovation and rapid movement and creates differentiating benefits like a bold vision, concrete technology, and commercial value. ATLANT 3D closed a substantial Series A investment round in August 2022 which is the largest Series A round in Denmark outside of the life sciences and software field. The funding will accelerate ATLANT 3D Nanosystems' growth including expanding the engineering and commercial teams, further developing the technology platform, and expand ATLANT business to the international market.
The company is seeking a Head of Engineering to lead and be responsible for all aspects of the company’s products engineering department; from planning and managing the execution of product design and release to manufacturing engineering, to developing and tracking the departmental budget and measuring departmental performance. The position reports to the executive management team of the company, and specifically to the Chief Product Officer.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in complex multidisciplinary systems and product development of high precision systems such as semiconductor manufacturing equipment and familiarity with heat transfer, fluid dynamics system design, and accuracy calibration technologies.
The Head of Engineering is expected to be confident in managing, motivating and enabling the company product engineering team while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. The position is responsible for hiring the department technical staff according to the company’s strategies and in charge of managing integration projects with external partners globally, guiding all software development plans with the Head of Software Development who reports to the Head of Engineering. Ultimately, the role will ensure the transfer from the R&D department under the CTO of the innovative technology into high-performance end products that will drive the rapid growth of the company. For the later, close cooperation with the R&D team will be required especially to ensure the designs are compatible with engineering practices.
· Translate ATLANT 3D’s innovative technologies into reliable, cost-effective, and high-performance products that meet customer requirements and expectations as defined and agreed with the product management team by developing, implementing, and ensuring engineering tactical plans for product development projects including budgets, timelines, resource management, risk analysis, on-time and on-budget rerelease.
· Work with both the Reliability and Product Pre-beta Qualification departments to ensure their feedback is implemented in new designs and ongoing improvements.
· Work with Operations to successfully transfer engineering designs into manufacturing and maintenance with an adequate level of documentation
· Support Operations and Applications team in the factory and in the field as required to implement corrective actions in the products and meet company objectives.
· Participate in early-stage R&D project planning and reviews to ensure a smooth transfer to Engineering.
· Work with the product management department to plan the engineering activities according to the market opportunities and trends.
·Development, management, and continuous improvement of the company product development process by working with stakeholders from other departments.
· Ensure proper staffing of the Engineering department by hiring talent according to plan, developing and administering training programs for new and existing staff, ongoing managing of employee performance, and motivating the Engineering team: mechanical, electrical, and software.
· Design for compliance with worldwide regulations and standards.
· Participation in the evaluation, selection, and management of critical component suppliers and derisking where appropriate single source supply chain issues managed by the operations department.
· Manage and coordinate projects with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools.
· The position will also be responsible for the infrastructure of the engineering, reliability, applications, and R&D departments inclusive of coordinating facilities with the COO, design and simulation tools, and related business processes.
· Communicate and maintain within the department staff the company vision and strategy as defined by the company executive team.
· Support the company executive team in developing high-level plans and objectives.
· BSc/MSc/PhD in Mechanical, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or an other relevant field with at least 10 years of work experience and prior experience in complex multidisciplinary system engineering management position
· Extensive experience in engineering development of semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
· Knowledge of precision, with in microns, measurement and calibration systems, fluid dynamics, and heat transfer is a benefit.
· Excellent project management skills.
· Knowledge and experience with product design and simulation tools such as SolidWorks.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
· Applied knowledge and experience in worldwide product standards and regulations.
· Experience working on time-critical projects with internal and external stakeholders.
· Experience in budgeting and people management.
· Good understanding of agile methodologies.
· Full proficiency in English, both verbal and written.
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for optimizing team performance and development.
· Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
· Results-oriented with the ability to plan and deliver within project deadlines.
· Strategic Thinking & Planning Skills.
· Open-minded, critical thinker, and creative.
· The opportunity to become part of a company poised to revolutionize the development and manufacturing of electronic, photonics, and optics industries.
· An opportunity to have influence and make a significant contribution toa young and fast-growing company.
· International team collaboration.
· Opportunities and support to advance your personal development.
· Interactions with international partners, suppliers, customers, and associated travel.
At ATLANT 3D you will be a part of a team working towards disrupting 60 years of micro and nanofabrication technologies and systems: A once-in-a-lifetime experience. What we develop is unique, and we are incredibly excited to make a difference. You can join us to take a technological leap together. Growth opportunity. We are a fast-growing team with a need for experts, with ambitions to grow and flourish. Learning and development. We are working in a cross-disciplinary field. Become a pioneer with us in developing new knowledge and technologies. Work and Life balance. We value the balance between work and play and are fans of Danish Hygge and the Bavarian style. Life in Denmark. Denmark is recognized as one of the happiest countries in the world with a family-friendly and safe environment, easy commuting, a high level of life, free healthcare and access to any part of Europe or the World.
To apply, submit your information through the online form here: Link
In the application process you will be asked to attach a single PDF application file that should include:
· Motivation/cover letter in an overview form with 10 bullet points about you and a short paragraph on why you want to join the team.
· Curriculum vitae.
· List of publications and completed relevant projects.
If you have any questions or technical difficulties with the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.