Location: Kongen Lyngby-Copenhagen, Denmark
Domain: Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering
Date Posted: 10.03.2021
Starting date: Position is open from April 15th 2021
Closing date: Applications will be accepted until April 8th 2021
ATLANT 3D Nanosystems is a cross European deep tech company that develops unique atomic layer advanced manufacturing technology (direct write ALD) with a mission to reshape the future atom by atom and provides easy access to on-demand advanced materials development, rapid prototyping and manufacturing of micro and optoelectronics on Earth and in Space. We are a highly dynamic international and multidisciplinary team of 14 experienced entrepreneurs, engineers and scientists working towards commercialization of a breakthrough ATLANT 3D technology. ATLANT 3D brings the best in the class partners to make this technology an industrial standard and the company collaborates with leading European universities, such as SAS, DTU, FAU, TNO, SUPSI and a number of industrial partners such as Sony, Merck, ST Microelectronics, Prima Industrie, SEMPA and Femtika as well as other large international industrial customers interested in our technology.
We are looking for a visionary team member that can foresee the potential of our technology and is ready to execute small and large steps towards our great vision. You like deep tech and hands on development, turning ideas into reality, a can-do positive attitude, self-starter possessing multitasking skills, and a drive to make an impact. You are not afraid to challenge existence, have strong knowledge, expertise and flexibility to accept innovative ideas, dream big, and are passionate to solve small and big challenges in an unconventional way.
You will be in the foundation of System Engineering design and development and will be a part of the System Engineering group, working on the development of our core technology, equipment, and industrial applications. The goal of the System Engineering group is to investigate, simulate, design, and develop new components for our atomic layer processing equipment and processes as well as working on our customer-oriented projects. It is an exciting opportunity to put your knowledge into practice. You will be working with a vibrant and interdisciplinary R&D and entrepreneurial dynamic startup team and offers the potential for you to grow both professionally and personally. You will get the opportunity to work with a groundbreaking technology and top niche specialists in several fields, including microtechnology, software engineering and automation, chemical engineering, sensors, aerospace and biomedical engineering, semiconductor industry equipment engineering for developing novel and previously impossible technologies. You will have a chance to leave your footprint in stone and participate in events that will make a history.
- Lead software and automation design effort of our system including development and implementation of automation and software solutions, installation of relevant hardware, validation of the created and set up systems, further optimization of the system architecture.
- Understand problems or client briefs and develop solutions that satisfy them
- Carry out design changes requests in a timely manner
- Perform tests on engineering prototypes with other team members
- Ensure components adhere to applicable industry and business standards
- Coordinate problem solving and technical support including managing root cause analysis, interpretation of test results, associated designs updates/changes, and oversight of technical issues with supply parts
- Support product manufacturing release
- Work with purchasing and supply-chain and directly with suppliers on finding cost-effective parts and subassemblies, sourcing new suppliers where required
- MSc or PhD degree in Electrical/Software Engineering/Industrial automation/Mechatronics or related field
- 2+ year hands-on experience in PLC programming, preferably with Siemens PLCs
- 2+ year hands-on experience in C/C++ programming
- Knowledge in C# programming and in embedded C is a plus
- Proficiency in PROFINET, Modbus, OPC UA, TCP/IP, EtherCAT communication protocols
- Proficiency in RS485, RS232 interfaces
- Proficiency in SCADA (HMI design tools, e.g. InTouch or similar)
- Knowledge of the international standard for the functional safety of machineries (IEC 62061) and its application in electrical, electronic, and programmable electronic control systems (safety PLCs)
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing technologies (e.g., CNC, 3D printing)
- Experience in SQL databases is a plus
- Experience in design gas systems for CVD/ALD equipment, vacuum systems, thin film deposition, cleanroom equipment is a big plus
- Previous experience in microtechnology processes, chemical processes, high precision robotic or mechatronic systems, fluid dynamics, from - Semiconductor Equipment, Robotics, Aerospace, Medical Device, Additive Manufacturing Industries is a plus
- You embrace the responsibility to plan and execute R&D work You have experience and willingness to report your results, prepare articles and patent applications
- You are a team player, willing to communicate and collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team and ready to have the back of your teammate
- You are resourceful, agile, and adaptable
- You are open-minded and seeking alternative solutions, no task is too big or too small
- You are curious and eager to learn and participate in the development of a startup company
- You are attentive, detail oriented and committed to quality and reliability
- You have a talent/experience and desire to lead others
- Excellent English skills – both oral and written
- You might need to travel across Europe to our other R&D locations and our partners when COVID situation allows
- An interesting and challenging job in an international and cross disciplinary environment with the focus on business, deep tech innovation, cutting edge R&D with technologies that might even exist yet
- Possibility to learn every day something new and exciting
- Work with highly dynamic team, a great flexibility in the position.
- Possibility to make impact on developing a new technology that did not exist before and that will change the future of microelectronics on Earth and in Space
- Work on exciting and challenging projects from different industries including aerospace, semiconductor, chemical engineering, biomedical, etc that require high level of creativity and out of the box thinking.
- Competitive salary and appointment terms. The position is rated at 37 hours per week.
You will be a part of the Danish office of ATLANT 3D Nanosystems, located in Kongens Lyngby, Denmark. Most of the hands-on work will be carried out in our lab at DTU Science Park. Part of the project is performed at the Friedrich Alexander University in Erlangen in Germany and other international partners locations; therefore, travel might be required.
Please submit your online application no later than April 8th, 2021.
To apply, submit your information through the online form here:
In the application process you will be asked to attach a single PDF application file that should include:
- Motivation/cover letter in an overview form with 10 bullet point about you and a short paragraph on why you want to join ATLANT 3D team
- Curriculum vitae
- List of additional reference materials, e.g., description/images/videos - in a link format - of projects you were working on and would like to share with us
- List of non-academic activities including any business-related, industrial, hobby etc.
If you have any questions or technical difficulties with the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer. We are an equal opportunities employer. Our policy applies to recruitment, pay and conditions, appraisals, conduct at work, promotion, and benefits. ATLANT 3D Nanosystems does not accept unsolicited AGENCY C.V.
“Hi I’m Bálint. I had/have this position you had the chance to read about above. And yes, I was part in writing the vacancy description of my current position! Never thought I am going to do this. Neither to leave ATLANT where I got all the opportunities to grow both as an engineer and as a person. But I got the chance to create my own company where I can use everything, I learned at ATLANT which makes me confident in how well I will be able to solve all the issues a start-up company can bring!
If I can describe ATLANT with one word, then I would say ATLANT is the POTENTIAL. Potential to grow, to make a change, and to really feel connected to something amazing in the form of our project and our fantastic team!”