Location: Erlangen, Germany
Type: 100%, Limited time contract 18-24 months. Possibility of an extension through follow-up funding.
Date Posted: 20.4.2020
Starting date: Position is open from May 1, 2020.
Salary: TV-L E 13 (category 13 according to tariff contract of the German federal states) or accordingly to similar Danish national standards
ATLANT 3D Nanosystems is cross European deep tech company that develops unique atomic layer 3D printing technology (direct write ALD) with a mission to democratise the access to advanced innovative technologies for rapid prototyping and manufacturing of micro and nanodevices. We are a highly motivated international and multidisciplinary team of experienced engineers, scientists, business and marketing experts working towards commercialization of a breakthrough atomic layer 3D printing technology and convert it into the industrial hardware atomic layer 3D printer. The concept was recently developed by ATLANT 3D Nanosystems company in collaboration with leading European universities, such as SAS, DTU, FAU and a number of industrial partners such as SEMPA and Femtika as well as large international industrial customer interested in our technology. We have secured funding for our product development with EU Horizon 2020 FTI grant and investments for the next 2 years
A highly motivated and talented Software Automation Engineer to join our start-up team to assume the lead in the development of automatization of the atomic layer 3D printing hardware.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Automation of motion control, with knowledge of the main real-time fieldbus protocols for motion (CoA DS402, PROFIdrive)
- Automation of boolean and proportional valve control (on/off and proportional voltage control)
- Integration of various monitoring subsystems, e.g., proximity, temperature, flow, (proportional voltage signals)
- Integration of above-mentioned components into a complete control and monitoring system
- Cooperation in purchasing of parts and services from vendors
- Cooperation with the hardware engineering team in installation of hardware
- Cooperation with the software engineering team in user interface development
- Cooperation with the overall team in establishing quality control requirements and its implementation
- Cooperation with the overall team in development of technical and product documentation
- Collaborate with the software and hardware development teams of external partners in Germany, Denmark, Lithuania, Ukraine, Slovakia, and the US
The prospective candidate should have:
- An applicable degree in engineering or science (bachelor, master or doctor) in industrial automation/software engineering for mission critical industrial applications or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hands-on working experience with automation of industrial systems, ideally within automation of industrial semiconductor or additive manufacturing equipment but not limited
- Know-how in PLC programming and industrial communication in some of the following examples or alternatives for them (Siemens S7, CodeSys/TwinCAT3 and/or Omron), SCADA (HMI design tools, e.g. InTouch or similar), IEC 61131-3 -programming, industrial communication technologies (OPC UA, SECS/GEM, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP)
- Knowledge of the international standard for the functional safety of machineries (IEC 62061) and its application in electrical, electronic and programmable electronic control systems (safety PLCs)
- In addition to, or alternatively you are also familiar with C++, C#, JS and/or SQL
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Eligibility to work in Germany or Denmark are a must
- High flexibility in traveling to partners/events up to 20% of the time
We use English in our daily communications, so German/Danish/other language skills are not mandatory. Other language skills can be an advantage as we are interfacing with international clients and partners your language skills will be great assets. Excellent project planning, innovative, analytical and troubleshooting skills and the ability to flourish in a young and dynamic startup environment are essential. Being proud of your work and willingness to maintain and develop your craftmanship is expected. It would be a plus if you have experience with semiconductor/microfabrication processes, knowledge in ALD/CVD or other thin-film technologies, optics, optical metrology, and materials, prior experience in new product development, project-, risk- and quality management.
An opportunity to work with highly innovative startup team and develop next level of competences in the technical area that did not exist before. ATLANT 3D Nanosystems team is a cross disciplinary team of microtechnology, hardware semiconductor process and equipment, chemistry and additive manufacturing experts. You will get a chance to stand on the frontier of new technology development with close collaboration with the industry and academia. Since we are a fast-growing startup team, we have an opportunity for highly qualified candidates to contribute in development of the software team if the candidate has leadership skills and strong expert opinion.
We are a vibrant deep-tech startup company founded in 2018 in Denmark that immediately after being founded set a partnership with leading European universities and industry to bring a unique concept of atomic layer 3D printing to the various industries, e.g. semiconductor and microfabrication industries. We have two location for development in Erlangen, Germany (the focus of process and equipment R&D) and Kongens Lyngby, Denmark (focus on microsystems development, application testing R&D and business development). Both at university campuses, FAU (https://www.fau.eu/) and DTU (https://www.dtu.dk/), and here you will find a friendly work environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure and abundant social life of a traditional German/Danish University City.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with attention to contacts below:
Ivan Kundrata, CTO, in Germany or Dr. Maksym Plakhotnyuk, CEO, in Denmark.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Our policy applies to recruitment, pay and conditions, appraisals, conduct at work, promotion and benefits. ATLANT 3D Nanosystems does not accept unsolicited AGENCY C.V.